Wednesday 11 September 2013

PTCL Eyes 2 Million Broadband Users by Year End with Minimum of 4Mbps Speed

Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has self imposed a target of attaining 2 million fixed and wireless broadband subscribers in Pakistan by end of year 2013, said a letter by Mr. Walid Irshad, CEO and President, PTCL, sent to company employees recently.
Mr. Irshaid was confident that company will be able to get 2 million broadband customers by year end. He emphasized that commercial and regional teams will have to play their role in achieving the target.
President and CEO of PTCL also revealed that minimum speed for DSL or fixed broadband users will be 4mbps by December 31st, 2013. He said that all 1Mbps and 2Mbps will be upgraded by the year end.
Company is, however, struggling with its end-to-end copper media that limits the capacity and quality of broadband connections. Company is aggressively working towards replacing the conventional copper lines with fiber-optic cables.
I clearly repeat, 4 Mbps shall be the minimal bandwidth offered to all PTCL customers beyond December 31, 2013.
Align your technical, commercial, and financial priorities today to guarantee that 4 Mbps becomes PTCL’s minimal standard of broadband access in Pakistan by end-2013.
Walid Irshaid, CEO and President of PTCL
Recently offered re-connect campaign by PTCL – that offers 50 percent discount on broadband and fixed line rent – is apparently the part of efforts towards achieving the said goal.
A similar campaign was offered last month for Evo and Evo Wingle users that offered 50% lifetime discount on monthly rentals for both the devices. PTCL said that it added 100,000 EVO customers through the promotion.
All 1Mbps and 2Mbps DSL customers will be upgraded to 4Mbps by December 31st, 2013
Mr. Walid Irshaid, in the same letter, hoped that company will try to get 3.5 to 4 million broadband by the end of 2014.
Broadband has become the main driving force for PTCL resulting into main revenue-generation source for the company for past two years.
It maybe recalled that PTCL recently signed with a consortium for building-up for another under-sea submarine cable to be completed by 2015. The new submarine cable system is likely to add company’s overall bandwidth capacity and redundancy. PTCL has currently three under-sea cables linking Pakistan with the outer world.

5 comments:

  1. om: afzal.saroya@hotmail.com
    To: w.irshaid@ptcl.net.pk
    CC: junaid.azim@ptcl.net.pk; abdulsattar.naeem@ptcl.net.pk; ahmed.imtiaz@ptcl.net.pk; kamran.malik@ptcl.net.pk; bbsupportlhr@ptcl.net.pk
    Subject: EVO Problem in Evo service since 4 months
    Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 02:07:26 +0500

    Respected Sir..

    I have been a regular Evo broadband user since a long time. I didn’t face even a single problem in Evo service, but since last 4 months I am facing a problem of "Weak or no Signal" named as "Error Dead Browsing". I have complained many times but nothing has done rather it is mishandled instead of solving. I have travelled throughout the Pakistan but no problem occurs but when I am at home (Islamabad, Sector I-10/2) than this problem occurs again. In other words I am unable to use Evo at home properly. Here are some of the complaint references;

    1-134350 ,27-08-2013

    2- 80 , 04-09-2013

    3-62 , 09-09-2013 And so many ....

    Once when I complained, a technical person from your depart came at my home named as Mr.Umer ( cell number .0515895404) checked the Evo Connection and said “ it is actually a BTS site problem on our site”. On another time I received a call from Lahore center, they asked me to change my Evo Device so that I could get rid of this problem. I changed it but New Device did the same Fault. It occurs only at my home which has open terrace and as I have mentioned above that by complaining several times, I am sick of this practice. Although, I am paying all of my bills on time in spite of that I am suffering from this issue. I want to ask you Why only me? If other customers are also facing such issues than I must advise you to fold your business because only making money is not a job; Job means to satisfy the customers.

    Anyhow I am Deactivating my connection immediately. Henceforth I want to told you that I was using following PTCL land line numbers and other services;

    1-051444

    2-051444

    3-0512

    4-05125

    5-06227

    I have noted that PTCL service is not able to fulfill the customer requirements. Now a day it has been become quite dull and boring and I am afraid that can happen with your company too. So, please pay attention towards this issue.

    EVO MDN # 405224636 ( Old )

    EVO MDN # 0553021286 ( New )



    PTCL - Hello to the Future!....................????
    Thanks and Best Regards
    Afzal

    ReplyDelete
  2. assalmuiailkum . I am Muhammad tausif from mansehra. I am regular and old user of ptcl broadband . on my number 0997-305455 .. pehlay shuru shuru main broadband bahoot acha chal raha tha. lakin 5,6 monhts say is ki disconectivity aur slow browsing ka issue a raha hay .. main nay kafi dafa mansehra exchange main personaly b ja kar complain ki aur ptcl ki help line par bi. wahan say keh daitay hain kay g bass is dafa kay bad ap ko shikayat ka moka nahi mlay ga wagera wagera.. lakin complant kay 5,6 din bad wahi same prob a jati hay .. phr kahan wire ka prob hay to ham wo fiber optics I think kaha tha kay daal rahay hain . ab 4 mahinay say wahi rit sun raha hoon lakin koi amal darmabad nahi hua.. abi main smart tv application subscribe karwa raha tha phr soch kay kia faida ho ga net to thek say chalta nahi tv kahan say chalay ga.. ab is baray main app khuch guide karan ... wire change karwan ya khuch bi . atleast broadband to thek chalay phr tv b tab chalay ga na . bass jin din barish hue net band .. I don't undersatand the chemistry of this. plzzz do reply and think about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am from sharaqpur sharif and here your staff is very lazy and stupid and dont do anything.
    I applied for broadband internet and paid the amount but they are not giving internet so pls do something.

    very corrupt people and your SDO always on leave whats the hell of this ptcl as organisation is doing fire these burglars.

    Sharaqpur sharif dist: Sheikhpura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very glad to read your post it is very informative,very useful and very helpful post thats why i like your post very much.
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 price in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. TechRupt is the best site for latest tech news.

    ReplyDelete